Sunday, April 25, 2010

Amelia (Leonard) Williams


Hello fellow Darts!

I hope you are all doing well! So let's see...Soon after high school ended, I moved to Florida for a semester internship at Walt Disney World. While there I made friends with a deaf co-worker who inspired me to learn American Sign Language (ASL). When I came back to Utah I learned ASL, completed an ASL Interpreter training program, and now hold both state and national level interpreter certifications. I received my Bachelor's from WSU in ASL, Theater, and Communication, and am currently working on my Master's of Education. I work at WSU as the ASL Interpreter Coordinator and Deaf Student Advisor, and occasionally also teach ASL classes at the university. (Some days I feel like I live on campus!)

I met my awesome husband Keith in our WSU LDS singles ward, and we have been married 5 years this May! He makes me laugh, and always keeps me on my toes! Keith works as an office manager and accountant for a small law firm in Salt Lake, and is studying Business Management at WSU. Our adorable daughter Tysha will be two this May, and she is such a joy! She's a rambunctious girly-girl, who loves to sing, dance, and sign! A few months ago our little family bought a home in Clinton, and are always looking forward to our next adventure!

Well, I guess that's 10 years in a nutshell! I look forward to catching up with all of you at the reunion!

Amelia (Leonard) Williams







No comments:

Post a Comment